Founded by Mrs. Blanka A. Rosenstiel in 1977, the Chopin Foundation stemmed from the First National Chopin Piano Competition held in Miami in 1975 under the auspices of the American Institute of Polish Culture.
Chopin Foundation assists young American artists by:
1. mounting the National Chopin Piano Competition, open exclusively to USA citizens, and sending its winners to Warsaw, Poland (all expenses paid) to participate in the International Chopin Piano Competition ~ the oldest and most prestigious music competition in the world.
2. offering young musicians public performance opportunities in concert series held in Florida and in cooperation with other presenters around the U.S.
3. providing scholarship assistance to promising piano students.
4. inviting young American pianists to participate in international exchange programs.
When & Where:
1. The National Chopin Piano Competition is held in Miami every five years (since 1975) and its winners are sent to the International Chopin Piano Competition in Warsaw, Poland, always held the same year.
2. The annual Chopin for All FREE concert series consists of monthly events presented twice in two different venue and across two counties in South Florida.
3. Each season members and guests are invited to the Salon Concert Series.
4. A growing number of regional Councils carry on the Chopin Foundation’s mission locally in their respective communities.
Through the generous support of national and local foundations and government agencies, and civic and culturally minded businesses and individuals.